The group continued deeper into the depths and had several more encounters with goblins fighters and goblin archers before coming into a room with three goblin blacksmiths with nasty looking hammers, pounding away on anvils… through stealth and treachery, Del’anoth and Meero proceeded to slice the throats of two of the goblins before entering a nasty battle with the third. He was defeated, although barely, and the group pressed on through a hidden door, discovering the lair of the lich.
This time there was a pitched battle, but much had been learned from the last fight and the group was smart enough to spread out so that the Lich’s necrotic Aura and cone attacks would be less useful. Strom was excellent at taunting the Lich… at one point shouting some nonsense about how he was going to sexually desecrate the corpse of the Lich’s former wife, leading the Lich to silence him with a nasty stun… the exact dialogue between the two was…
Strom: “And then I’m gonna glue her bones back tagether and give her one more of me own ya big nasty unde-“
Serin: BWWAAAAAAAAAAA ::Shadowbolt::
Which was very amusing.
The Lich was dispatched, his phylactery destroyed, and loot collected… the group made their way back to the city, eager to see what had happened.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It should also be noted that a passageway beneath the altar on which the Phylactery sat was revealed leading further down. The group has yet to investigate this avenue; they were in fact implored by Tyrol to leave this passage well enough alone for the time being.
ReplyDeleteI would just like to take this moment to thank Red for posting these weekly recaps. They are well written and quite informative.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work. It's much appreciated, and we DO read these, so your posting isn't for nothing.
Ya, I'd completely forgotten there was a passage until Tyrol brought it up this week... I'm gonna cut that in on the post I'm writing to summarize what we did this last Fri. And thanks "Lynus"! I'll make sure I spell it write from here on out.
ReplyDelete